Hearts of Gold Retrievers
SPAY/NEUTER CONTRACT FOR A PET PUPPY
This agreement is made by and between (Seller) Susanne Richmond and ______________________(Buyer), for the purpose of setting forth the terms and conditions of purchase by the Buyer of a pure bred golden retriever puppy from the Litter #_____ whelped on ________, out of Sire ___________________ and Dam __________________________. The Seller agrees to sell and the Buyer agrees to purchase a male companion puppy from the litter described above subject to the following terms.
AKC #__________ Micro Chip ID # _______________
1. Seller warrants that the above described puppy is a purebred golden retriever. Buyer will receive AKC Official Ownership Registration Form.
2. Seller warrants that the above-described puppy is in good health at the time Buyer assumes ownership. Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a licensed Veterinarian within seven (7) days (not including weekends and holidays) of receipt of puppy. If, as a result of the examination, the Veterinarian determines that the puppy is not in good health then the Buyer shall elect to keep the puppy or return the puppy. This does not include worms, fleas, mites, cocci, giardia, or any other parasites as they are common in dogs and puppies. There is no guarantee on dew claws growing back. If the buyer elects to return the puppy because of health issues in the firsst 10 days, Buyer shall be obligated to return the puppy to Sellers immediately (within 2 days of diagnosis) at Buyers expense. Buyer shall, within 10 days after the date of pickup, send to Seller by certified mail a written Veterinarian's certificate stating that the puppy was in ill health when examined. Upon receipt by Seller of said certificate buyer will then be issued a refund. Seller shall be obligated to refund all monies received from Buyer toward the purchase price of the puppy only, and further performance under this contract shall be null and void. All action taken to return the puppy shall be done with the best interest of the puppy in mind include temperature at time of shipment, non-stop flights at buyers expense.
3. Hearts of Gold Retrievers cannot guarantee your pup will not have accidents or severe hereditary faults in the first 2 years. Because of this we ask all owners to purchase health ins. for your pup. Reasonable precautions shall be taken by Buyer to prevent the acquiring any hereditary faults. Int.____
Reasonable precautions shall be taken by Buyer to prevent the acquiring any hereditary faults. No tread milling, jogging, standing on back legs or excessive ball chasing or retrieving should be done with this puppy/dog prior to two years. No hard exercise, rough playing, of extensive running with adults, children or other animals should be allowed. Restrict the puppy’s exercise to sensible activities (brief short walks) and discourage jumping activities. Owner understands that extended and exhaustive playing with older dogs, or forced exercise can actually cause joint and bone problems because of soft tissue development, until the age of two years.
If said puppy/dog develops a severe hereditary issue within the first 2 yrs, determined by Orthopedic Foundation for Animals Inc to be a severe hereditary issue, and is covered by health ins., Seller will pay the appliable insurance deductable and co-pay one time (up to $1000.00 total). This offer will not apply if Buyer does not have applicable health insurancefor their pup. Int____
If said puppy/dog develops a severe hereditary issue within the first 2 yrs, determined by Orthopedic Foundation for Animals Preliminary (Consultation) Report Report to be a severe hereditary issue, and is not covered by health insurance, the Buyer may choose the option to return the puppy/dog to Seller and will receive a replacement puppy of like quality from the next available litter. Buyer may choose the option to get a replacement puppy, Buyer and Seller shall make prompt arrangements within 10 days of receipt of certified letter from your Veterinarian of the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals Preliminary (Consultation) Report of x-rays, for return of the puppy sold to Sellers place of business. Buyer shall be responsible for taking good and reasonable care of the puppy until Seller receives it. Costs and related expenses of returning the puppy to Seller shall be the obligation of the Buyer. Int.____
If said puppy/dog develops a severe hereditary issue within the first 2 yrs, determined by Orthopedic Foundation for Animals Preliminary (Consultation) Report to be a severe hereditary issue, and is not covered by pet health insurance, the Buyer may choose the option to keep their puppy/dog. Seller will pay Verterinarian, for surgury fee only, one time.(up to $1000). Pet insurance is highly recommended. Int.____
If said puppy/dog develops a severe hereditary issue within the first 2 yrs this is the procedure to follow.
Notify us by telephone or letter
The dog must have been x-rayed for this condition BEFORE it’s second birthday, (sometimes an early x-ray will not portray true results during growth spurts).
Your Veterinarian must submit the x-ray to the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65210 for
The dog must never have been used for breeding, not be overweight, and must still be with its original owner.
4. Ownership of the puppy will be transferred to the Buyer upon payment in full.
5. If long distance delivery is requested by Buyer, it shall be by airfreight, to a designated location. Buyer will pay all shipping fees. Included in shipping fee: costs of crate, insurance during shipment, cost of freight charges plus handling, health certificate as well as any other items deemed necessary by Seller.
6. The Seller has determined that the puppy is a "quality pet" and is NOT to be used for breeding. Dog must be spayed or neutered.
7. Seller agrees to refund to buyer the sum of $-0- upon receipt of evidence from a licensed Veterinarian that the puppy/dog has been spayed/neutere
8. Puppy will carry the HeartsofGold (all one word) kennel name as a prefix or a suffix when registering.
9. Buyer agrees that he/she is not acting as an agent in the purchase or this puppy and that Buyer will not sell this puppy or its progeny to any agent, pet store or guard dog business.
10. Buyer agrees that if it becomes necessary to sell or otherwise dispose of this puppy, Buyer will notify the Seller before taking such action so that the puppy may, at the Sellers' option, be returned to Seller. Upon notification, the Seller shall have 15 working days to exercise said return option. Exercise shall be notice in writing sent to Buyer.
11. Buyer agrees that the puppy will reside at the home of the Buyer, have access to a fenced yard, not be chained or tethered, and will be provided with proper housing, a good quality diet, annual shots and exercise. Buyer also agrees that this puppy/dog will not be used as a guard dog for any business. Buyer agrees that at least one basic obedience training course will be completed with the puppy/dog.
12. If buyer acquires puppy before it reaches 7 weeks of age #2 of this contract will be void. Waive clause_______ _______
13. This guarantee will be null and void if Buyer does not supply the dog with NuVet Plus for Canines® on a daily basis. Buyer is required to use NuVet Labs ™ NuVet Plus for Canines® on a daily basis, during and after the guarantee period, failure to do so will make this guarantee null and void.
NuVet Plus for Canines® must be ordered www.nuvet.com/32362 (800)474-7044 order code #32362, make sure that you use the order code number when ordering, it allows us to track your purchase of vitamins. Int._____
This Agreement is made and signed by both parties to insure the well being and protection of this puppy/dog. If the Buyer breaches any part of this Agreement, the Seller is released from any obligations under this Agreement.
Hearts of Gold Retrievers is inspected and licensed by the
USDA LICENSED AND INSPECTED #35-A-0456